Become a Member Our credit union is for people, not for profit! Why Join? Members of a credit union enjoy many benefits, including:
No fees – Free Services – Convenience – Community Benefits
- There are no account fees, maintenance costs or charges.
- We have a wide range of financial services available with a variety of discounts and free services for members.
- Competitive loan interest rates.
- Encouragement and advice on a regular savings program.
- Return on your savings through annual dividends and loan interest rebate.
- Pay into your savings or pay off your loan by standing order or salary deduction.
- Loan Protection and Life Savings Insurance at no direct cost to eligible members.
How do I Join? Joining is Easy! To be eligible for membership of Swinford & District Credit Union you must be living or working within our common bond area. The common bond is the factor which unites all the members of Swinford & District Credit Union — it is what all members have in common i.e. where they live. Because of the common bond, all members have the good of their credit union at heart; they know and trust each other. You need to present 2 forms of identification to join and a minimum of €10 is needed to open an account and keep it activated. Two forms of identification. One form of ID from each of the sections below is required:
- Evidence of Identification (must show proof of date of birth & recent photo), i.e. Current valid Passport, current valid Driving Licence, current valid I.D. Card
- Evidence of Address (must show address where you currently live), i.e. Original of recent Household Bill (e.g. ESB, Phone) or Bank or Building Society Statement dated within the last 2 months.
- PPS Number – you must provide evidence of your PPS number to open an account.
Contact us today to join!