Members over 16 years are encouraged to nominate a person(s) to receive their credit union property in the event of their death.
The maximum amount you can nominate is €23,000.
This means that on your death, your savings will not form part of your estate and can be distributed without delay to the person(s) you have named on your Nomination Form.
As a Nomination overrides a Will, we encourage members to complete a Nomination and keep it up to date.
You can update your Nomination in person, at Swinford & District Credit Union.
- Members under 16 years are not eligible to complete a Nomination Form.
- The Nomination is valid up to a limit of €23,000 Any amount above €23,000 becomes part of the member’s estate.
- The member can at any time change their Nomination by completing a new Nomination Form. Any previous Nomination will automatically be cancelled.
- A Nomination overrides a Will, so it is important to have a nomination and keep it up to date.
- The marriage of a member of Swinford & District Credit Union cancels any Nomination made by him/her before his/her marriage. This applies even if the same person is to be nominated.
- A Nomination shall be cancelled by the death of the Nominee before the death of the Nominator.
- The form of Nomination must be made at the registered office of Swinford & District Credit Union during the Nominator’s lifetime.
(Once Swinford & District Credit Union receives satisfactory proof of death of the member, the account & monies will be processed)