Manager – Swinford and District Credit Union (SDCU), Swinford, Co. Mayo
Swinford and District Credit Union (SDCU) is a financial services provider, serving approximately 5,000 members and boasts total assets of approximately €20 million. Swinford & District Credit Union’s vision is to provide for the financial needs of members in a co-operative and professional manner. Our core value is to serve our members and the community, whilst striving to maintain the highest professional standards.
This is a unique opportunity to take a leadership role in a financial services institution and to shape the future success and strategy of the Credit Union.
Principal responsibilities of the Role:
The Manager will report to the Board of Directors and will be primarily responsible for the management and operation of Swinford and District Credit Union’s business objectives and the implementation of the strategic plan.
• Prepare and propose to the board of directors for debate, scrutiny and approval, strategies for the strategic plan
• Develop and implement the strategic and business objectives as articulated in the strategic plan
• Effective development and motivation of staff who continue to contribute to the growth and performance of Swinford and District Credit Union
• Full compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements including the areas of risk, data protection, money laundering, employment law and health and safety
• Ensure high quality internal controls to safeguard the assets of the members
• Oversee the performance of Swinford and District Credit Union to maximise financial return and service to members
• Accurate presentation & reporting of financial accounts to the Board
• Assist the Board in formulating and reviewing policies for all aspects of the business
• Lead the planning, implementation and creative development of all marketing and growth strategies
• Devise and manage targets and performance standards for all employees and key areas of the business plan
The successful candidate should have the following:
• Experience in leading and managing a diverse workforce
• A strong financial services background with a forward-looking and growth mind-set
• Be confident, committed and ethical individual with the ability to operate with the utmost integrity
• Exceptional people management and motivational skills
• Demonstrated capabilities in business improvements and change management
• Appropriate third level degree and relevant experience, preferably in accounting (ACA, ACCA, CPA, ACMA qualification)
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Relevant staff supervision and administrative experience ideally in a credit union, or other customer-facing financial institution
• Highly member-focused approach with an emphasis on delivery and growth
• Comprehensive knowledge of and experience in technology development
The position is a Pre-approved Controlled Function (PCF) subject to Central Bank of Ireland’s Fitness and Probity standards and requirements. The selected candidate will ultimately be subject to approval for the position by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Salary will be competitive & commensurate with experience and qualifications
Swinford & District Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Canvassing will disqualify
Applications will be shortlisted for Interview
Swinford & District Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
How to Apply:
Applications including CV and cover letter should be sent by post to;
Galway Financial Services Centre
Applicants should state clearly the reference number: SDCU MAN 2020.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is 19th June 2020